Monthly Archives: September 2017
I’m very lucky to have a mom that can do magic. Out of something quite small, she can create warmth, protection and love. She works her magic, sometimes for hours on end, and the result is something that no one can experience in the exact same way. Her hands work love into everything she creates. Not only does she do magic, but each crafted spell is a masterpiece and they each last for years. They are wrapped around you and keeps you warm. Whenever I need the warmth of her craft, it’s rarely far away from grasp. And every time I get a hold of it and wrap it around my soul’s shell, I feel a little more at home and a little more at peace. My smile gets a little wider, and any off day gets a little better!
But my mom doesn’t do her craft just for me. She does it for everyone she loves and cares about. Sometimes she even does it for total strangers as well. But there’s only a few of us who will get the crafted spells with her special mark upon it.
And whenever I look at it, I feel so grateful and so loved. Thank you mom, for knitting magic and masterpieces!
Sunday is pancake day at our place! And on the weekends when Leander is home, we have my favorite vegan pancakes for breakfast! They are super easy to make and so tasty!
And today I thought I’d share that recipe with you guys☺️
- 6 dl (2 ½ cups) flour
- 1 dl (½ cup) coarse ground rye flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 6 dl (2 ½ cups) water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the water and oil in with your dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat your skillet over medium heat Pour batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
And that’s it! Super fluffy and tasty American style, vegan pancakes!
I usually serve mine with sliced bananas or blueberries, maple syrup and walnuts. Sometimes I even like to treat myself to a PB&J pancake! If you’ve never tried, I recommend that you do😋
Do you have any interesting toppings that you usually have on your pancakes? Let me know in the comments! And of course, I would love to hear what you thought of these if you try them out as well!
Hope you guys are all having a wonderful Sunday!